Monday, November 22, 2004

The perfect cup of Joe...

I've finally found the perfect combination. A Venti (TM) half-calf soy mocha with extra-whipped cream...YUM, YUM! Unfortunately, my Starbucks days may be over. They recently asked a nursing mother to either cover her baby or nurse in the bathroom. Hmmm, how many of you have been asked to eat your food or drink your coffee in the bathroom at Starbucks. Their bathrooms are generally clean, as far as public restrooms go, but still not an appropriate place to nourish your child. When called to account for their rudeness they had some lame reply about catering to a diverse population and that they would abide by the laws of the state each Starbucks store is located. Pretty sad. How about making a stand for the customers of tomorrow? I no longer nurse my toddler in public but I may just have to try it once more for old times sakes to make my point and see what local policies dictate. To find out more go to : http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm?aid=2077 or www.nurseatstarbucks.org

No comments: